[sword-devel] VPN Question

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Nov 27 11:10:40 MST 2014

On 11/27/2014 01:02 PM, Jon Behrens wrote:
> modules will not download when using a VPN. I habitually run OpenVPN
> and get an FTP
> connection failure. I cannot even load the module list from the
> repository.
I suspect you have some sort of local problem.  Can you run a command
line ftp client anywhere else?

The Xiphos repo itself is lurking behind a VPN.  It's completely
transparent.  Xiphos repo ships 2G to 6G per day without problem.  The
InstallManager class that drives such facilities in Sword apps is
oblivious to the nature of the connection it uses.