[sword-devel] Building Python binding to Sword on Windows returns exit code 1

R Johnson ps16thypresenceisfullnessofjoy at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:35:15 MST 2014

Thank you for your efforts to get the CMake files to work on Windows. I
really appreciate it.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been held up recently by
Internet connection problems, having to learn how to clone the Sword SVN
repository with Mercurial, having to build Sword's dependencies (of
which I wasn't aware until you fixed the CMake file to require them on
Windows), Visual Studio errors, etc.

I'm now much closer to being able to get the Sword library built, but
still not quite there yet. 3 of the projects in the VS2010 solution file
failed to build. I have extracted the error messages out of the output
and attached them in a file.

The first two errors are about not being able to open
'..\Release\sword.lib'. I don't understand why, since a 54 MB file with
that name was created in my Release directory.

The third error is the same one that you mentioned in your 'gcc 4.9.0'
thread (see my post there). This shows that, as you guessed, the error
is indeed a problem with SWIG, and not with GCC.

Thank you for your help.

-- Timothy