[sword-devel] OSIS markup for headings & OSISHeading feature

yvand yvand.sword at gmail.com
Tue May 6 11:06:13 MST 2014

Hi,

I work on FreJND module currently available as an old version in
CrossWire Beta repository.
FreJND uses OSIS (milestone) markup, the source is available at
http://koocotte.org/darby/darby.osis.zip
It provides paragraphs, footnotes, crossReference footnotes and heading.

We use only titles for book titles, chapter titles and Psalm headings.
As Psalm headings are not placed in verse 1 in the Bible paper version
but placed below "Psaume N" (i.e. "Psalm N") we use <p><title
canonical="true">heading</title></p> in the source file.

In the wiki someone writes (about FreJND):
> Headings in Psalms are all "canonical" and not subject to "heading"
> filter. If these are the only headings, should the conf still have
> Feature=OSISHeading?
So I want to know if we should use OSISHeading feature in .conf file or not?
Moreover should book titles and chapter titles being canonical="true"?
Do they need OSISHeading feature?

Regards
yvand