[sword-devel] Packaging ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 28 05:02:14 MST 2014

On 28/03/14 10:37, Matej Cepl wrote:
> First of all I would work with Debian package, so that you won’t have
> multiple packages between Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc.
> Also, I would just pick existing source package from
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/bibletime and fix it.
> Also, prior to your work, it would be probably good idea just to file
> a bug for whatever issues you see with the current package
> (http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting). By that the work on the Debian
> package won’t be split into multiple half-done efforts.
> And yes, there is 'Packaging for Dummies' on
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Thanks Matěj.... The Debian guide you gave me is something I can
understand. I've installed the pbuilder tools, and begun to test using
the old BibleTime Debian packages that you suggested. There are still a
lot of dependencies I need to meet, but at least I can see the
possibilities. It's going to be a long learning curve, but I'm going to
have a go.

God bless, Barry.