[sword-devel] Packaging ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 28 01:52:05 MST 2014

Hi there ....  I am still interested in re-packaging BibleTime and
Xiphos - especially having found that the existing BibleTime deb package
is so old that it won't support canon-LXX.h which I am currently using.

I had contact from the last packager saying that it is easy to use the
existing template to rebuild the package, but no information as to where
to begin.  I've read the page at:
http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/packaging-new-software.html and I am
ready to have a go but I wonder if someone can talk me through using the
existing templates in the old packages, updating and re-packaging?  It
shows a command '$bzr builddeb -- -nc -us -uc' which appears to be what
is needed, but instructions like that are very cryptic.  I don't suppose
there's a 'packaging for dummies' page anywhere?

Help please.

God bless,        Barry.