[sword-devel] Best versification for FreSegond and FreCrampon

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:04:22 MST 2014

We don't yet have an av11n designed specifically for French Bibles.

Not all French Bibles follow the same numbering of the Psalms. See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalms#Numbering

Generally speaking, most of them assign verse 1 to the canonical titles
found in the Hebrew text.
So the verse numbers are all shifted by one (in one Psalm, I think it's by
two).

In regard to the numbering of the Psalms, not all French Bibles join Psalm 9
& 10 as one, etc.
Some do, but others don't.
For example, Version Synodale doesn't. In it, Psalm 119 has the usual 176
verses,

I think that there may be a good case to add at least one av11n to cover
French Bibles,
but I should declare an interest, in that I have an adult life long interest
in the evangelization of France.

Best regards,

David