[sword-devel] XML markup for Bibles ....

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:09:03 MST 2014

I'm not complaining (Chris is a busy man - as are most other CrossWire
programmers)  -
 just making a general observation that the usfm2osis.py roadmap has several
items as yet still in the future:

### Roadmap:
# 0.5 initial commit, including full coverage of core USFM tags
# 0.6 file sorting options (natural/alphabetic/canonical/none); Python3
compatability; add optional schema validator (lxml probably); docstrings
# 0.7 expand sub-verses with ! in osisIDs; unittest; make fully OO; PyDev
project?
# 0.8 test suite incorporating all USFM examples from UBS ICAP and other
complex cases
# 0.9 more clean-up & re-ordering to correctly encapsulate milestones within
appropriate containers; clear remaining TODO items, to the extent possible
# 1.0 feature complete for release & production use
# 1.x xreffix.pl-functionality (osisParse(ref)), requiring SWORD bindings;
use toc3 for localization
# 1.x SWORD-mode output?
# 1.x IMP output?
# 1.x SWORD module output?, requiring SWORD bindings

### TODO for 0.6:
# expand sub-verses with ! in osisIDs
# unittest
# make fully OO
# PyDev project?
# check Python2/3 compatibility

-----

Not only so, but there are also several issues in our MODTOOLS tracker which
relate specifically to usfm2osis.py

If there are Python experts reading this, even if all they do is to review
those issues in the light of what they know of how osis2mod works and SWORD
works, I guess that would be useful input.

At the end of the day, every bit of progress towards the idealized goal of
module making becoming a "one click process" would benefit the whole
community.

Best wishes,

David