[sword-devel] XML markup for Bibles ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 5 15:02:05 MST 2014

Hi there ...  In the process of updating and correcting the Brenton
LXX.  I'm currently working on the Psalms.  The Brenton translation uses
the LXX versification in which from half-way through Ps. 9 up to Ps.
146, the LXX numbering is one Psalm ahead of the KJV numbering.  Brenton
uses the Psalm number, followed by the KJV number in brackets.  The
recommended markup is \ca for alternative chapter numbers, and \va for
alternative verse numbers in usfm and there is a direct equivalent in
OSIS.  Neither usfm2osis not osis2mod appear to support this element.
I'm currently putting the (n) before the psalm heading as: (23) A psalm
of David.

I wonder if there are any thoughts on this.  If the \ca and \va usfm
elements are likely to be supported any time soon, I ought to use it.

God bless,        Barry.