[sword-devel] SWORD + Cordova

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 11:12:32 MST 2014

On 2014-07-21, 15:07 GMT, you wrote:
> We've created a SWORD Cordova plugin which currently only
> proxies to the native Android environment, and a pilot app as
> a proof of concept, which has been internally dubbed Bishop3.
> If the SWORD plugin was extended to work on any of the other
> platforms that Cordova supports, then Bishop3 (or any other
> JavaScript app using the plugin) should run on that platform
> as well.

Just to make sure I understand. Your app requires binary (or
Java) plugin as bindings for libsword (or jSword), right? This
is not the miraculous solution for Firefox OS (I know that
Cordova otherwise supports FxOS), because the non-JavaScript
plugin is still required (unless somebody builds a plugin based
on https://github.com/zefanja/swordjs which howewver would not
be any better than https://github.com/zefanja/biblez)?

Blessings,

Matěj