[sword-devel] What needed to make a SWORD module for OOYLT?

David "Judahs Shadow" Blue yudahsshadow at gmx.com
Mon Feb 24 16:13:40 MST 2014

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:27:54 PM Chris Little wrote:

> The original order OT versification is available in the MT versification
> system (or, for that matter, the Vulg and LXX versification systems,
> depending on your definition of "original").

So the MT or other existing v11n does the writings section of the Tanakh(sp?)
has the combined books of the Jewish v11n? If so could not someone make a YLT
with the MT v11n?

> Someone with an interest in "Hebrew studies" is not likely to find
> Young's Literal Translation with KJV versification but a mangled book
> structure very useful or interesting.

I was thinking on that more of using the "original order" in Hebrew modules
rather than just YLT.

> There is no possibility that we would ever consider adding an OOYLT
> versification system to Sword. There's no value in sacrificing system
> memory for fringe theories based on numerology.

So what about doing v11n at run-time rather than compile time, that way the
v11n is only loaded in memory when the module using it is open. I'm also not
certain where numerology came in?