[sword-devel] OSIS format and SWORD utils

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Fri Feb 14 13:22:42 MST 2014

Hello

I'm looking to create some OSIS modules from some proprietary format. I
recall seeing two types of OSIS markups. The fully nested version (i.e. 1
verse element contains all verse contents) and a more linear version (1
verse element contains sID and eID and the contents are not nested).

I'm assuming the latter is the more formal/correct version and more
flexible as it would allow to mark-up cross-verse content?

Is there any reason why I've come across both formats? Do the Sword
utilities convert from the latter to the former?

Chris