[sword-devel] A call for Python programmers ...

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:44:21 MST 2014

Today, I have been examining the locations and common causes for all the
validation errors in OSIS files generated by usfm2osis.py for Arfon Jones
beibl.net translation, for which we have a complete set of 66 SFM files.

A lot of progress has been made through careful detailed analysis.

There were only a small number of systematic root causes, which affected 19
of the files in the OT only.

During the next few days, I hope to be able to report these concisely in the
MODTOOLS tracker.

DM Smith and Peter should already be able to see my comments under one of
the files for this project in my free box account.

However, I should point out that obtaining a valid OSIS file does not
guarantee that every feature will be properly displayed in a module created
using osis2mod.

A module may still be wrong in many ways even if there are no reported
errors during the build process.

In other words, OSIS validation is a necessary requirement but not a
sufficient condition.

Best regards,

David