[sword-devel] A call for Python programmers ...

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Dec 31 10:33:37 MST 2014

On 31/12/14 14:03, David Haslam wrote:
> As regards, OSIS Validation Error reporting, a lot depends on which XML tool
> one is using.  But I agree, it's often hard to locate exactly the place that causes each
> issue.
> The example Barry gave with that extraordinary long regex pattern is
> certainly not very readable.

I forgot to mention - running the now deprecated usfm2osis.pl on the
same set of files, this error is not reported, and the generated osis
file makes a valid module using osis2mod - unlike the one generated by
usfm2osis.py, so I guess there must be an error somewhere.  I wish I
could get some more detailed information to help find the problem.

God bless,        Barry.