[sword-devel] Problems for module creation

Fr Cyrille lafricain79 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:12:06 MST 2014

Beautifull! Thanks for answer Troy,
Le 15/12/2014 19:37, Troy A. Griffitts a écrit :
> Dear Br Cyrille,
>
> First, thanks for your persistence.
>
> Comments below:
>
> On 12/15/2014 08:23 AM, Fr Cyrille wrote:
>> 2. With imp format:
>
> Yes, imp2vs is probably your easiest path.

Is it possible to read deuterocanicals books (and with which
versification? Because Esther in the BJ bible is written like that:
1:1-a 1:1-b....) with imp?
>> Then I change the vpl file in imp file like that:
>> $$$Genèse 1,1
>> Au commencement, Dieu créa le ciel et la terre.
>> $$$Genèse 1,2
>> Or la terre était vide et vague, les ténèbres couvraient l'abîme, un
>> vent de Dieu tournoyait sur les eaux.
>> $$$Genèse 1,3
>> Dieu dit: "Que la lumière soit" et la lumière fut.
>> $$$Genèse 1,4
>> Dieu vit que la lumière était bonne, et Dieu sépara la lumière et les
>> ténèbres.
>> I run the command:
>> */imp2vs BibleJerusalem_imp.txt -v Catholic/*
>
> You will also want to specify your locale so you get French Bible
> names recognized.  Add this to the end of the command:
>
> -l fr
>

> I'm surprised the result was better. "Genèse" is not the English name
> for "Genesis".
It's right, first I wrote Genèse then I change it in Genesis. But I can
find the list of all English books? Or if I use the option -l fr I can
write it in French?

>> (For example when I opened Isaia I red Esther) just the beginning of
>> the old testament, and the new was also ok.
>
> This sounds like you may have a problem between the -v Catholic flag
> you used during the import, and Versification=Catholic configuration
> parameter which would need to be in the module's .conf file.  Were you
> sure to change the module's .conf file to match the versification you
> used during import?

This is the solution!!! Thanks you very much!! I add the versification
in the .conf file, and I can see the deutero...
> Also, as you may have seen in a previous post about another issue
> today, we recommend using our latest version of module tools from
> SVN.  Often we fix bugs and the packages are sometimes years behind.
>
> You may wish to build from SVN:
>
> svn co http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk sword
> cd sword
> ./autogen.sh
> ./usrinst.sh
> make
>
> then you'll have your utilities build under the utilities/ folder and
> there will also be some tests we can run under the tests/ folder.
>
> Hope this helps and can get you going.  Blessings in your efforts.

Br Cyrille

--
L'Africain