[sword-devel] Modules Don't Work

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Aug 31 01:13:42 MST 2014

Dear Isaac,

While your information is not inaccurate, it can be quite confusing.

SWORD, by default, configures itself to save global modules under
/usr/share/sword/

Your instructions are not what must be done, as you have said "you will
have to..."  Your configuration is a choice to install modules privately
only for a single user account.  The default configuration also supports
this, as SWORD will first look at the global path (/usr/share/sword/)
and then ~/.sword/ and augment modules found there as well.

While installmgr previously did not output proper errors when it could
not write to the output path, this is no longer the case for a while now.

Your information might be helpful, but I hope next time you might
preface it with a clause something like: "I find that the default
configuration to store files globally is more trouble than it is worth.
I have change my configuration to always install modules to my single
user home directory."

Troy