[sword-devel] SWORD + Cordova

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:50:49 MST 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 08:23:03PM -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Dear Matěj,
>
> Yes, you are correct.  This requires a binary libsword, which I have built
> for Android.  I am hoping someone will build for iOS, Windows Mobile, and
> even desktop OSes.  This would theoretically let us run the same frontend on
> all platforms, built entirely in JavaScript; however, we probably would want
> to build separate frontends to look and feel appropriate.  This still has
> many advantages, including, sharing tons of code, hopefully.
>
> Though there hasn't been much interest.  Has anyone been able to
> successfully run and use the Android app at:
>
> http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop3.apk
>
> Any feedback on the verse study tools or parallel display?  It doesn't take
> advantage of the new mapping code Костя contributed yet, but I'd like to
> implement that soon.
>
> Troy

Hello Troy,
I just tried downloading and installing that apk, but got only the grey screen.
I've got an Android 2.3 ARMv6 phone with not much RAM and a slow processor,
and could not figure out if I was supposed to install anything beforehand;
the phone in question runs AndBible nicely and BibleTime Mini slowly.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham

PS: AndBible works well enough for me, if you're not wanting to support
phones quite that old. But if you'd like me to test, I can.