[sword-devel] SWORD + Cordova

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Aug 10 20:23:03 MST 2014

Dear Matěj,

Yes, you are correct.  This requires a binary libsword, which I have
built for Android.  I am hoping someone will build for iOS, Windows
Mobile, and even desktop OSes.  This would theoretically let us run the
same frontend on all platforms, built entirely in JavaScript; however,
we probably would want to build separate frontends to look and feel
appropriate.  This still has many advantages, including, sharing tons of
code, hopefully.

Though there hasn't been much interest.  Has anyone been able to
successfully run and use the Android app at:

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop3.apk

Any feedback on the verse study tools or parallel display?  It doesn't
take advantage of the new mapping code Костя contributed yet, but I'd
like to implement that soon.

Troy