[sword-devel] Papua New Guinea translations (and others)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 4 17:20:05 MST 2013

Hi Chris,

We've had this in progress for a while and a facility for
updating/converting Bibles from Michael's site is already mostly
implemented. It's essentially run by a Python script that grabs the USFM
files when they're new, validates them against Michael's hashes, calls
usfm2osis.py to convert to OSIS, generates or updates a .conf, calls
osis2mod to generate a Sword module, and adds or updates the module
files in the wycliffe repository (which was set up for these Bibles and
other minority language Bibles from Wycliffe, the Bible League, and
similar).

The only remaining issues are that I haven't addressed .conf generation
and at the moment there's a moratorium on release of all modules that
don't predictably and exactly fit within their versification system.
Since these don't all predictably fit within any versification system, I
won't be working on this at all until someone (possibly me) fixes the
mod2osis bug causing the obliteration of remapped verses.

--Chris