[sword-devel] Windows Utilities

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Jul 23 05:41:46 MST 2013

More a comment on the thread than this reply.

We have bug trackers to record bugs, to record feature requests, to record development plans, ....

Reported bugs are not created equal. They are not equally important. They need to be triaged.

Some thoughts:
A reported bug may not be a bug but a feature request.
A reported bug may not be reproducible.
A reported bug may have a work around.
A reported bug may be hard to fix.
A reported bug may be design flaw.
A reported bug may be of small impact.
A reported bug may impact a few people.
A reported bug may be easy to fix.
A reported bug may be ....

Volunteers work on:
What they have time for.
What they can do.
What personally interest them.
What reduces their support effort.

This is pretty much the same as most open source software projects.

Our basis here is a bit different than most open source. We have a mission to bring God's word to others. We should apply prayer to our efforts. Specifically, we should pray that God guide our efforts and provide workers for the harvest.

In Him,
	DM