[sword-devel] Ubuntu Touch Bible app

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 11:17:01 MST 2013

Great!!  I will post the git page (to the uBible Developers) if you want me too, or you can head over to
https://github.com/uBible/uBible/issues/1
and post the info yourself if you want.
We have been discussing using Bible Time's backend because @Mark Trompell  suggested it.
You can e-mail me off list if you'd like, or post on the Github page...

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 09:22:17 -0700
Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently working on a second frontend for BibleTime that uses QML.
> It is a work in progress and I have some basic features up and working.
> Bibles, Commentaries, and Books can be read in multiple windows. The
> windows can be tabbed or split views of the screen. The install process
> for bibles, etc. is working.
>
> It requires Qt  5.1 and compiles on linux (ubuntu, fedora, etc.). I am
> looking into cross compiling onto android right now. Qt is not making
> this easy because they don't support cmake builds for android.
>
> I have it in a private git repository right now, but expect to put it
> into the main BibleTime git repository soon. Help with this would be
> welcome.
>
> Gary Holmlund
> gary.holmlund at gmail.com
>

> On 07/04/2013 06:25 AM, Israel wrote:
> > It uses QML, so it is part of Qt.  I will bring this up to the others
> > and see what they think about it all.
> > It may be a good idea.  Anyhow we are designing an interface at the
> > moment to get the features we want, using what capabilities QML has,
> > and designing it to be fully integrated with the Ubuntu Touch
> > ecosystem.  There are some things about using Bible Time that may make
> > this
> > hard, but there very well may be some things we might be able to utilize.
> > Thanks!

> >> AFAIK Ubuntu touch uses qt, so maybe just another UI Frontent to
> >> bibletime would do fine,
> >> with the advantage of being easily portable to mer/nemo/sailfish(jolla).

Regards