[sword-devel] Beta modules question

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 05:03:57 MST 2013

On 03/01/2013, at 6:28 PM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:

> At this point, I wouldn't recommend directing users to download from the beta repository. We don't release new content to beta any longer and the content that was reasonably good has long been moved to other repositories. So the content remaining in beta is either fairly broken, relies on features not well-supported by front ends, or has been orphaned because whoever is responsible is no longer contributing to the project.

This is an interesting recommendation, as our MasterRepoList.conf lists it as one of our main module repositories!!!
http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/masterRepoList.conf

Can I again please ask that we remove Repos from that list that are not for general public use, such as the attic repos?
On the one hand we have been provided with the API to easily access this "master list" for our users to quickly and easily update their installations of their SWORD front-end to the latest and greatest repositories for modules,
but on the other hand, we are being told not to recommend users actually use some of them?

Clarification in this area would be brilliant.  :)

Thanks heaps, ybic
	nic...  :)