[sword-devel] Locale differences

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Sep 16 14:14:42 MST 2012

On 16/09/12 20:40, Andrew Thule wrote:

> If so, I understand the practicality, but its too bad all of the .conf
> stuff couldn't be contained in the module so we could do away with
> having to generate .conf files apart from the modules' osis (or if its
> a resource issue, make it so the .confs could be generated from the
> module itself).  The fact there are .conf suggests a defect in the
> standard.

There is no need for a conf for a raw OSIS file. but a module is not a
raw OSIS file, but some sort derivate of the body in a proprietary
format. Yes, the conf is to a degree a derivate of the header of a good
OSIS file.

FWIW, there is a small Perl programme (confmaker.pl) in sword-tools
which will analyse a OSIS file and create a working conf file, with all
relevant filter entries in the correct order - which is the part I got
routinely wrong, so I wrote this script. I am sure it could be
augmented, to read header info, but bear in mind that most of us will
create a OSIS file solely for module making purposes, so most of us will
not waste much effort onto the header.

Peter