[sword-devel] Sword utilities (Win32) r2693 ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:27:57 MST 2012

Thanks DM,

"All bets are off" is a good summary of the current situation for Win32
users like me.
Anything more recent than *r2563* is a total mess as far as I'm concerned.
/That might seem extreme, but it aptly expresses my frustration./

OK - this is what I've done.

* I tweaked the USFM to append III John 15 content to \v 14 text. That's a
workaround for r2563 (qv).
* I used usfm2osis.pl to make the OSIS XML file.
* I wrote a bespoke TextPipe filter to insert subType='x-preverse' to
section titles.  
* I used osis2mod.exe *r2563* to build the module.

I now have a module that displays correctly in Xiphos 3.1.5 and in BD 1.6

NB.  My TextPipe filter also removed all the <p> and </p> elements, because
the Bible I'm working on is essentially one without paragraphs of any sort.
This ensured that I don't end up with widowed verse tags for the verses
after a heading.

btw.  I did not use title_cleanup.pl because the text I'm processing has the
five major section divisions in Psalms.  That Perl script is not fully fit
for purpose, as it's too generalized, and makes unwarranted assumptions
about what kind of titles are present in the OSIS file.

Best regards,


View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Sword-utilities-Win32-r2693-tp4651198p4651204.html
Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the sword-devel mailing list