[sword-devel] Request for Participation: sync current verse with theWord, e-Sword, etc

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 04:26:34 MST 2012

William,

This would need doing for each application in the SWORD family. Some
applications already include a way for external applications to
influence the current verse displayed. For instance Xiphos can
register itself as the default handler for 'sword://' URL schemes and
can be externally controlled by means of the 'xiphos-nav' program. I'm
fairly sure that it is not the only such application in SWORD which
will capture sword:// references. So several of the SWORD applications
already support this.

If you simply email back on this thread with the necessary spec, then
applications which want to participate will be free to do so. This
isn't a feature which would go into SWORD itself, so there is no one
person who would need to know the spec.

--Greg