[sword-devel] Partial Strong's and Robinson's <w>

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Mar 5 06:29:26 MST 2012

On 05/03/12 11:00, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> (interestingly even English translations don't have a definite article
> here, although of course they could, but the questions of translation
> are not my concern).

|The English translation bypasses the matter by using capitalisation
"the god" is our God.

> My question is whether it is right to mark in OSIS only something like
> 10 words with Strong's numbers and Robinson's morphology, or should I
> stick with (what's in the printed Bible) various marks like *, ⁆, ⁅, †
> etc.?

I think this is largely up to you. You can do either. I would suggest
that having 10 definitive fixed and relatively frequent terms marked up
as Strongs will go some way to intelligently guess the rest. If you want
to create a Strong encoded Bible at some stage.

But on the other side, people will probably expect more and might react
in unfortunate ways when they see a text described as being Strong
encoded - and it is not, or at least not to their level of expectation.

But in the end it remains your decision.

Peter