[sword-devel] OSIS Users Manual considered confusing

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Mar 3 10:28:27 MST 2012

On Mar 3, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:

> On 3.3.2012 17:47, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>> OK, so duly noted ... there isn't widely held agreement even on this
>> list on this (see e.g., I found in the list couple of clear statements
>> in the opposite direction ... although, thinking about it, I don't see
>> anything more natural on paragraphs which are arbitrarily put there now
>> by the publishers (am I right?) than on chapter/verse structure put
>> there couple of centuries ago. Neither of which has anything to do with
>> the original writers of Bible (are there any supporters of divine
>> inspiration of paragraph marks around?).
>
> E.g., is this http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.literature.sword.devel/16671 really agreed as the best practice?

This was a question about how to encode a paragraph that crosses a chapter boundary. It was not about how to do titles.

Either way, it points to the CrossWire wiki entry OSIS Bibles as the best practices document.

Ultimately, sword-devel may clarify what a particular best practice is for a given problem, but once answered, it should make its way into that page.

The discussion page for that entry is another fine place to discuss what should be a best practice.

In Him,
	DM