[sword-devel] Please advise, final steps towards our teams electronic publication

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 03:23:56 MST 2012

Peter,

Is there not still a major issue with title_cleanup.pl ?

Past experience was that it caused far too many titles to be displaced to
before the previous verse they were meant to be displayed before.
Adding subType="x-preverse" should be restricted to only certain kinds of
titles.
"adds the argument .... to some titles" is correct as a description, but the
implementation is flawed.

See the note in
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Converting_SFM_Bibles_to_OSIS#Fixing_the_output_of_usfm2osis.pl
or go directly to
http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/MOD-189

I've been concerned about this ever since we made the TurNTB module late
last year.

My hope is that the work Chris has begun (using Python) will supersede our
existing multi-step process and get everything right.

David