[sword-devel] Legitimate FTP Mirrors & Module Distribution Rights Question

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:29:00 MST 2012

Thanks Peter, I'm not so interested in the motives of those
contributing the modules or the process by which they are vetted.  I
wasn't specifically asking from a Crosswire repo perspective and I
have no doubt these go through a careful filter process.  Rather I'm
more interesting in finding out how I might validate the pedigree of a
translation not currently in the main repo, whose text is (nearly)
publicly available (meaning readily accessible).

I'd be doing the one taking the text, adding mark-up into OSIS, and I
know my own motivation. I don't know how to determine if there are
copyright encumbrances on the translation, and wouldn't necessarily be
submitting the outcome to Crosswire. So, though I suspect there are no
copyright encumbrance because of the age of the translation, I would
still like to be sure. I'd thus like to figure out how to trace this
back for myself.

~A