[sword-devel] Legitimate FTP Mirrors & Module Distribution Rights Question

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:10:32 MST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> The final thing I didn't mention were modules like Gill. We've had
> trouble with tracking down a Gill module with a clean pedigree (well, maybe
> 'cleared' pedigree is a better word). Whereas, Xiphos is also braver is this
> regard to challenge legitimate copyright claims.

Troy does this mean that with respect to the modules you host, you go
through the rigamarole  of tracing back to source the copyright status
for the sake of due diligence?  If so, I'm impressed, but have some
off-line questions about validating a text I'm interested in turning
into a sword module. I'd like to know more about establishing a text's
pedigree.

~A