[sword-devel] coptic -vs- fonts

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:48:28 MST 2012

For me, on Windows, that text renders as missing character squares. It
probably uses an uncommon range that either the WebKitGTK widget is
handling differently (different font?) from the standard widget. I've
found that GNOME tends to use a very excellent coverage font by
default for its UI elements. However, WebKitGTK might be defaulting to
a different font for display that doesn't include those characters
(whatever font WebKit in Chrome is using on Windows is not presenting
those characters, so it's also possible the selected font it chooses
on your machine does not include that coverage).

Just some speculation.

--Greg