[sword-devel] Musings about the Cherokee NT module

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:28:02 MST 2012

As it happens, (and some of you will know that I'm in the habit of doing this
sort of thing recently), I already have made a counted word list of the
Cherokee Latin text. In fact, I've even back-converted the Latin word list
to Cherokee symbols as well.

For these word lists in general (ignoring the Cherokee as a special case),
whether an ordinary word ends up being listed with a capital letter more or
less depends on where it first occurs in the whole translation. If the first
occurrence is at the start of a sentence, it will be capitalized
accordingly, even though several subsequent mid-sentence locations may have
it all in lowercase.

The counts column can be quite revealing too.

Low counts can sometimes be due to anomalies or inconsistencies in
translation.

High counts can, as rightly observed in this thread, provide some assurance
that this is something more readily matched to other language translations.

David