[sword-devel] Musings about the Cherokee NT module

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Jul 1 11:48:43 MST 2012

I think what Greg said was correct. I understood it the same way:

Starting w/ a breakdown of the names in each verse in an English Bible, iterate over that set of verses in the Cherokee Bible, doing the following:

For each word in the original Cherokee text transliterate into latin characters (So A -> B for each word). Then heuristically compare the list of English names to each B, determining the best B for each English name (So, C -> B for each word).

At this point we have a transitive relationship of A -> B -> C thus, A can be tagged as a name.

As an optimization, the mapping from A <-> C can be retained and used.

In Him,
	DM