[sword-devel] preverse divs

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 10:19:42 MST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM, David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Moot point to see all the history of osis2mod up to late last year,
> but if I take [say] the osis2mod.exe that got installed when I installed
> *Xiphos v3.1.5*,
> when I open it without any parameters, just to see the syntax help, the
> first line is:
>
> You are running osis2mod: $Rev$
> OSIS Bible/commentary module creation tool for The SWORD Project
>
> So how does "$Rev$" help one to know which version one was using?

This is the fault of yours truly. $Rev$ does exactly what you suggest
in the next paragraph - tell the user which SVN revision of SWORD is
being compiled. SVN automatically inserts r2679 (the version that you
have there from Xiphos 3.1.5) when the files are updated or checked
out. I, however, built the package by using git to checkout the SVN
code. This is because Xiphos maintains a patch file which would be
extremely tedious to update manually but maintaining a git branch with
the patch included makes patch maintenance almost trivial.

So you are dealing with r2679, which is current as of about a week
ago. I should really update the build system to handle that
replacement somehow before sending those SWORD builds out into the
wild. I'm assuming a simple sed script to find/replace the $Rev$
string with the revision number is sufficient.

--Greg