[sword-devel] Setting canonical="true" ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 29 10:09:48 MST 2012

According to one of the notes in http://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles#Body

2. Any <div> defaults canonical to false. You need to set it to true on
elements representing the structure of the original text.

However, the output of usfm2osis.pl generates <div> elements, but does not
set the attribute canonical="true" ANYWHERE.

cf. I just checked the OSIS file I made for preparing the Breton NT, and it
has none.

So if our tutorial is correct, why does the recommended Perl script not
implement this as advised?

And anyway, does it make any real difference to the behaviour of the Bible
module?

The one place where we seem to require it is for the canonical Psalm titles.
Simply not an issue for the module I was working on today.

David