[sword-devel] preverse divs

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 29 08:37:15 MST 2012

On 02/29/2012 06:39 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> I don't know what's wrong except what I noted in the previous post:
> that there is something wrong.
As I mentioned in my earlier reply, an OSIS file might have significant
content between verses. Osis2mod keeps all content between verses and
splits it between them. It is likely, that the text material is
non-canonical (the default for a div). (For OSIS canonical means part of
the published work, but in the case of Bibles, we take it to mean not
part of the biblical canon.)

However, between verses there is a lot of structural stuff. Such as
</chapter>, <div type="section">, .... and the rendering of this seems
to be causing problems (extra vertical white space). The content in the
pre-verse div is not all or nothing, which is what it appears the OSIS
headings filter is doing.