[sword-devel] Unsupported USFM markers

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Sat Feb 25 12:30:42 MST 2012

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Converting_SFM_Bibles_to_OSIS#Markers_Not_Yet_Supported_by_usfm2osis.pl says:
"If you come across USFM files containing markers that are not yet supported, please contact one of the Perl script developers in CrossWire."

After processing over 200 USFM Bible translations (and subsets), I have seen almost all of the markers specified in the USFM standard at http://ubs-icap.org/chm/usfm/2.3/index.html, except for the study Bible only markers and some of the peripheral markers. I haven't seed much of the Deuterocanon-specific markup, because I have only processed 6 translations with any DC content, yet. You really can't process many translations without hitting very common markers like \b, \m, \k ...\k*, //, \fig ...\fig*, etc.

Shalom,
Michael