[sword-devel] BibleCS Windows RC (Re: Xiphos 3.1.5 is released)

David Troidl DavidTroidl at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 06:44:40 MST 2012

Hi Troy,

I had a little time to get to some testing.

The Install Manager hung when I was installing two books: Nestle & TNT,
from the av11n repo.  I tried it again just for TNT, and it worked
fine.  (I still don't understand why Nestle shows up in Arabic
characters.  I've deleted that module.)

I created the portable installation.  I'll put it on my flash drive, and
test it at work.  One suggestion: offer the option to create the
portable app in a separate directory, so it doesn't mess up the local
Sword installation.

I'm not sure about the other modules I have installed, but my own NT
module, which is NRSV, appears properly in the SWORD Project, and
doesn't in BPBible.  So the av11n seems to be working.

One issue I've seen.  I changed the default font to a larger size, which
makes the select boxes for the book and the one underneath it display
with the larger font, and it doesn't fit in the box.  The chapter and
verse are still in the original size.  I just set the default font back
to 10 pt.  This improves the dropdown boxes.  Then I upped the size on
one module.  This has the desired effect, but would be tedious to do for
all the modules.  Could you at least group them by language, so I could
choose a font for English texts, Greek texts and Hebrew texts
separately?  (Arial may be fine for a UI, but not for reading Bibles.)

I just tried out the parallel view.  I selected SBLGNT, Tisch, Byz as
the three Bibles.  Only SBLGNT shows any text.  The other two just have
the name, as Tisch:, and nothing else.

In changing options, turning on and off the Strong numbers and
Morphological tags, the Bible changed to KJV at Genesis 1:1, of its own
accord.  I ran through some more options.  It's when I turn Strong
numbers on that the change happens.  Any other change in options seems
to be fine.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Peace,

David