[sword-devel] proposed patch: adding n=X marker content to footnotes and xrefs

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Feb 7 20:38:02 MST 2012

To date, we have DM in support of n=X content in *n/*x, as well as Brian
noting that consistency should be supported in that note numbers provide
the common language of note reference.

No one has suggested that such an update is a bad idea, though Troy
wondered aloud the other night in #xiphos about choice being taken away.
Considering that no other frontend (to my knowledge) makes any effort to
do Xiphos-style post-processing in order to get n=X content into place,
personally I think the question of choice is moot: All other frontends
simply take the null choice, that is, whatever the engine gives them,
n=X-less.

My inclination remains to commit the patch, but I'm concerned that so
little feedback has been seen.