[sword-devel] sword -> epub ?

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Tue Dec 4 13:40:26 MST 2012

On 4 Dec 2012, at 19:08, Joachim Ansorg <nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de> wrote:

> is there a solution to convert a sword Bible into a readable epub file? Would be cool to have it my preferred Sword modules on my ebook reader.

Ignoring copyright issues, a sword-to-epub convertor could probably be written but you really have to think about presentation issues. I've got pukka copies of the ESV, The Message, and TNIV on my iPad. The three different publishers present the whole Bible text as if it were a novel, like E L James' stuff. These epubs are not practical for anything other than general reading because the publishers gave no thought to how a scripture student would actually use them.  If you expect to do random lookups for example while following along with a sermon or doing some in-depth study simplistic linear presentation is not going to work.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!