[sword-devel] locales.d submission Inuk: iu.conf & iu-utf8.conf

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:07:10 MST 2012

It appears so.

Please note that 'The Inuit Cultural Institute' is (mostly) a regional
thing, not a pan-national body representing all Inuit (as much as that
would be good).  It sometimes get (Canadian) government support
(though the Department of Indian and Northern Affairs) and sometimes
not. At some point in the past it had been cut off due to
mis-management, but I think it is again funded.

Still, not all Inuit communities claim they are represented by this
group.  When the Canadian Government officially split the North West
territories, creating Nunavut, and the Nunavut government, many of the
formal functions of the Cultural Institute were transferred to the
government of Nunavut, so it's role is now limited.

~A