[sword-devel] TEI formatting, duplicated key (BDB Glosses)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 30 04:54:49 MST 2012

On 4/30/2012 4:39 AM, David Troidl wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I'm certainly no expert on your TEI dictionaries, but wouldn't it make
> sense to have the first key be one that would sort properly, and present
> the dictionary in true alphabetical order? I'm thinking of Middle
> Liddell, as well as the Hebrew. This key wouldn't even necessarily have
> to be shown to the user. The second key, the title, could then maintain
> the proper accents for display, without hindering sorting, searching or
> navigation.

I confess, I don't understand what you're proposing this as an
alternative to.

In the example Karl cites, there's just one actual key per entry. It is
an uppercased version of the entryFree's n attribute. This is the key
that is sorted.

The un-uppercased version from the n attribute is being rendered as part
of the entry text via the TEI filters. This is the part I'm proposing we
retain, but render somewhere else, e.g. right-justified at the bottom of
the entry.

We also render all the text of the entry, which in these cases includes
the text from a title element.

I don't know what 'true alphabetical order' means, but if you mean
localized sort order, it's not possible with the current implementation
of this module type.

--Chris