[sword-devel] TEI formatting, duplicated key (BDB Glosses)

Daniel Owens dcowens76 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 10:19:55 MST 2012

Well, it may be a poor markup choice on my part. It was intuitive to me to
include a title for each entry since it is not intuitive to display the key
attribute in the text of the entry. But obviously my intuition is not the
same as the filter developers.

I could see cases in which a lexicon key would not be identical to its
title or head term, such as a full BDB module keyed to Strongs. The use of
Strongs numbers in that case would be purely for the software to find the
correct entry from a Bible tagged with Strongs numbers, not a part of the
actual lexicon entry.

Normally attributes are not displayed, only the content of elements, except
@n in TEI and sometimes @osisID in OSIS genbooks (?). I guess the argument
for displaying them is that you need to know what they are to navigate the
lexicon. I suppose that is a good reason to display the attribute.

Any thoughts? I can change the markup if that is the consensus.

Daniel