[sword-devel] [sword-support] Video tutorials

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 3 07:01:26 MST 2012

Hi there .....  I've been exchanging e-mails with Gary North.  It has
not been an easy process, but somehow I've kept my patience.  The first
e-mail to sword-support said something like 'Your program doesn't work
.... '  I've had to drag information from Gary a word at a time -
literally.  However, patience has paid off, and I forward his last e-mail.

The program that caused all the grief is of course the notorious 'Sword
Project for Windows'.  Please please please consider demoting it
seriously on the web site.  I've corresponded with many new users who
are frustrated and almost lost to Sword entirely because of their first
impressions.  Please consider putting Xiphos and BibleTime at the top of
the list of Windows programs and hiding the legacy program somewhat
lower down the list!  I hope this does not offend - but what is said in
the message below is a summary of a lot of views I have tried to respond
to.

I'd appreciate Peter's take on this as he has done far more than I have
on the Sword Support list recently.