[sword-devel] Fwd: win ce 6

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Sep 6 23:01:44 MST 2011

Hi there ..... Does anyone have access to Windows ce 6 (Windows Mobile

6)?  I've had some correspondence with someone who's trying to get
SwordReader to work on this platform.  The current build is for Windows
Mobile 5.  He has installed it correctly, and has installed the KJV
module properly and in the right path.  SwordReader fires up, but cannot
see the module.  I'm certain that Microsoft must have changed the way in
which path information is stored in the underlying OS.

Win cs has no built in function for finding out where SwordReader is
sitting (yes really!).  If you want to do something in the Sword
directory, you have to know where it is.  I got around this by doing a
recursive search for mods.d.  Later, David Trotz hard-coded the absolute
Sword path into SwordReader and this is the current state of play.

My last message to the person concerned was to move everything into a
new directory called \sword (off the root) and to include a sword.conf
which I sent him containing:
[Install]
DataPath=/sword/

This could work - I'm waiting to hear.

If any of you have access to Win ce 6 and are willing to look at the
problem, please get back to me.  I'd love to help the guy, but I no
longer use anything Microsoft for ethical reasons.  I'll explain in
another post.

God bless,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/