[sword-devel] XML attribute delimiters in OSIS files?

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Tue Oct 25 22:48:10 MST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 03:51:03PM -0700, Chris Little wrote:
> Do you mean they are using single-quotes for one and double-quotes
> for the other? That's certainly bad style, at the least. I'm not
> sure whether it is well-formed XML. Did you happen to try
> validating?

Using single and double quotes in the same element are valid and such files
are well-formed XML.  There's a test-case at the end of this mail.

You can declare it as not valid for osis2mod but it's one more pitfall for
OSIS writters and one more step away from XML. Is it so difficult to correct
this bug?

% cat test.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<a one='1' two="2">