[sword-devel] Source file for the KJVA module?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 15 16:44:11 MST 2011

On 11/15/11 2:22 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Putting it on the Kindle is an excellent idea for mobile proof reading.
>
> How good is the Bible reference navigation on a Kindle? Can you easily jump
> to a particular verse?

It's possible. I'm not personally particularly interested in dealing
with navigation, since I'm just interested in reading the text through
in its entirety.

> Do we have a fledgling SWORD app for Kindle, or would that be impossible for
> licensing reasons?

We don't have an app for the e-ink Kindle. There are very, very few apps
on the e-ink Kindle. There was, for a while at least, an application to
join Amazon's Kindle development program and get their SDK. I applied,
but never heard back, so I assume we weren't accepted. In any case, it
makes better sense to stay within the Kindle reading app itself and
publish books via the standard bookstore if we want to do such things.

For the Kindle Fire, our android apps should work fine. I should be
receiving my Fire tomorrow, and I'll report back on experiences with
And-Bible.

--Chris