[sword-devel] OSIS milestones and the attribute n ?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 12 04:32:46 MST 2011

On 11/12/2011 06:10 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Is it true that osis2mod ignores the attribute *n* in verse milestones?
Not really, but effectively. The verse begin and end tags, regular and
milestoned, with all of its attributes are thrown away. The purpose of
the n attribute is to provide what the verse number should be.

> e.g.  In the following snippet, pasted from the wiki:
>
>   <verse sID="Gen.1.1" osisID="Gen.1.1" n="1"/>In the beginning...<verse
> eID="Gen.1.1"/>
>
> The attribute n="1" is what I refer to.
>
> More to the point, when the text is for linked verses, we might have for
> example:
>
> <verse sID="Jer.41.17-Jer.41.18" n="17-18" osisID="Jer.41.17
> Jer.41.18"/>Asinain Babilon siangpahrang in Judah ram uktu ah a
> tuahmiGedaliah kha Ishmael in a thah ruangah Babilon mi ṭihnak an thinlung
> sungah a khat. Curuangah Babilon mi ṭih ah Izipt ram ah an tlan. Lamzin ah
> Bethlehem khua kiangah Khimham ah an cawl.<verse eID='Jer.41.17-Jer.41.18'/>
>
> Observe here that the n attribute is the verse range (in this case "17-18").
This is correct usage of the n attribute and shows it's value for the
verse tag.

Do you see a value in osis2mod reading/using the value? I'm not sure how
osis2mod might use it to better build a module.

In Christ,
     DM