[sword-devel] Using the search API

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Jul 23 13:40:15 MST 2011

I have started to work more on the idea of mechanizing Strong encoding
and TSK translation (both is quite similar in concept).

I need to use create a database for each word and where it turns up in
the Bible.

My question:

Is using the clucene search api (given that the text is pre-indexed)
likely as fast as a lookup in an array? I.e. will I gain anything by
storing search results for the next occasion the word turns up or is it
likely just as good to simply rerun the clucene search, given that the
module is already indexed?

Peter