[sword-devel] av11n repo timeline?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 21:45:11 MST 2011

Well as for current status I know BibleTime is ready for it and Xiphos
is not.  It is on Xiphos' next cycle plan.  Current development for
3.1.5 (which is just to get compatibility with Fedora 15 and Ubuntu
11.10 with GTK3 and WebKit) is completed and it is in the testing and
(Windows) build phase at present.  3.2 is planned next and av11n is
part of that plan. So "Now" according to BibleTime and "Soon"
according to Xiphos - maybe late summer or Fall?

It probably won't be made part of the master list until most of the
applications support it. I think we might be around the 50%-ish
support?  Probably minimally we would want the flagship applications
for each OS to support it.  The list here
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Choosing_a_SWORD_program currently
claims that BT, MacSword2 and PocketSword already support it - it also
says Xiphos partially, which is true; ABS, BD and FB all are waiting
on JSword and BibleCS is waiting on Troy; BPBible has no entry there;
MacSword and SlideBible are both outdated.  So, as is obvious, support
is still pretty weak.

--Greg