[sword-devel] Translating the TSK

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jul 10 00:15:59 MST 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 12:21 +1200, Robert Hunt wrote:

> > What do you think?
> Yes, this is exciting! I have been wanting to work on something similar
> for some time, except that I work more in minority languages, and Google
> translate falls down there (plus I believe Python is more maintable than
> Perl, sorry). Since translations aren't available for minority
> languages, the process has to be reduced to statistics applied to the
> translation.

I am neither married to Google (and the results do not suggest that this
is a solution anyway, more an indication that there may be value in the
idea) nor to Perl. I like Perl because it is so far the only language I
can rapidly do something, but I am interested in the matter as such,
more than in in keeping it to a particular language or mechanism. In
fact I think using several combined mechanisms as and when they exist
will result in the best outcome.

What are the languages you are interested in? If you can not say on the
list send me an email please.

Peter